Students say they appreciate...
•...the freedom and flexibility
•...getting the different prompts everyday but still being able to opt out of them
•...all the writing tips
•...the revision advice
•...the ample amount of time for writing
•...the short stories you read to us
Sample Titles of Student Work in the Camp Anthology:
• Death Cycle, or Tale from the Tomb
• All the Drilled
• The Sanctuary
• Everywhere You Look
• Unexpected Confrontation
• School and Sports
Thoughts from the instructor:
• Participants in the High School Writers Workshop explored many areas of writing.
• We examined the writing process and the craft of writing.
• We shared our writing daily and developed a sense of community.
• Writers produced a variety of pieces including realistic fiction, mystery, personal narrative, the persuasive essay, and poetry.
• It was a joy to give the students a hint of a strategy or a technique and watch them take off, each heading in a unique, personal direction.
All camps will be held at the Penn State Lehigh Valley campus in Center Valley, PA.
To arrange extended care or Air Products busing, please call 610-285-5058 after you have registered online or mark it on the mail-in registration form.